This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Delete program spaces directly when removing inferiors
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2015 16:59:10 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Delete program spaces directly when removing inferiors
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1412022790-21931-1-git-send-email-simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com> <559D1220 dot 1060708 at redhat dot com> <559D4314 dot 2000906 at ericsson dot com> <559D44FF dot 60705 at ericsson dot com>
On 07/08/2015 04:42 PM, Simon Marchi wrote:
> I have reverted the patch, since it causes a build failure:
> delete_inferior_silent is actually used in monitor.c. What I don't understand is why
> monitor.o doesn't get built when I build gdb locally. When I type "make monitor.o",
> I can see the build error at least.
Yeah, it's only built if you build support for a target that pulls it in.
See configure.tgt, look for monitor.o. The buildbot uses --enable-targets=all,
you probably didn't.
We can probably just make monitor.c call discard_all_inferiors.