This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [obv] Code cleanup: Move print_command_1 expr variable scope
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 15:15:13 -0400
- Subject: Re: [obv] Code cleanup: Move print_command_1 expr variable scope
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150326174630 dot GA3349 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net>
I think this patch is wrong. Starting with that commit (f30d5c7),
some tests (e.g. mi-break.exp) started to fail for me, because
of gdb segfaulting. Backtrace here: http://paste.ubuntu.com/10690836/
The address of expr is passed to the cleanup. When the cleanup is ran,
expr is no longer in scope, so what is at that address is probably not
safe to use anymore. That's my guess.