This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 5/6] Mention that create_child takes ownership of the allocated name
- From: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 15:15:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 5/6] Mention that create_child takes ownership of the allocated name
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1422559716-5480-1-git-send-email-simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com> <1422559716-5480-5-git-send-email-simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com> <20150130033545 dot GM5193 at adacore dot com>
On 15-01-29 10:35 PM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
>> * varobj.c (create_child): Modify comment.
> OK, with one favor if you wouldn't mind.
>> gdb/varobj.c | 4 +++-
>> 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
>> diff --git a/gdb/varobj.c b/gdb/varobj.c
>> index 0daef91..d3fa1ba 100644
>> --- a/gdb/varobj.c
>> +++ b/gdb/varobj.c
>> @@ -2043,7 +2043,9 @@ uninstall_variable (struct varobj *var)
>> -/* Create and install a child of the parent of the given name. */
>> +/* Create and install a child of the parent of the given name.
>> + The created VAROBJ takes ownership of the allocated NAME. */
>> static struct varobj *
> GDB's Coding Style requires that we have an empty line between
> function documentation and function definition. It was missing
> here, and since you're touching this area, would you mind adding it?
> Thank you!
Thanks, pushed with an extra empty line.