This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] TUI: Expand TABs into spaces
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Doug Evans <xdje42 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 14:32:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] TUI: Expand TABs into spaces
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <83k3149k5b dot fsf at gnu dot org> <837fwn2cvc dot fsf at gnu dot org> <CAP9bCMSbzc3q5CmJQDZyL0utP_x6Sp8ekHaTHzJHyVCJRwwcWA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
Ping! Ping! OK to install?
> Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 08:32:15 -0800
> From: Doug Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Cc: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 3:17 AM, Eli Zaretskii <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Ping! OK to install, master and 7.9 branch?
> >> Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 13:30:08 +0200
> >> From: Eli Zaretskii <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> >> "gdb -tui" relies on the curses library and the underlying terminal
> >> driver to expand TAB characters into spaces. But ncurses on Windows
> >> doesn't do that, and instead displays an IBM graphics character.
> >> The patches below fix that in the command window and in displaying the
> >> registers.
> >> OK to commit?
> >> 2015-01-03 Eli Zaretskii <email@example.com>
> >> * tui/tui-regs.c (tui_register_format): Expand TABs into the
> >> appropriate number of spaces.
> >> * tui/tui-io.c (tui_puts, tui_redisplay_readline): Expand TABs
> >> into the appropriate number of spaces.
> I'd have to read the patch more to say it's ok,
> but one thing that is missing are comments
> explaining *why* we are expanding tabs into spaces.