This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Catch exception in value_rtti_indirect_type
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: simon dot marchi at polymtl dot ca
- Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 16:48:39 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Catch exception in value_rtti_indirect_type
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1411174953-8930-1-git-send-email-simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com> <54809E38 dot 3080606 at redhat dot com> <54821670 dot 6020006 at ericsson dot com> <54C23FB2 dot 90300 at redhat dot com> <54C27035 dot 5030205 at ericsson dot com>
On 01/23/2015 04:00 PM, Simon Marchi wrote:
> Hmm I am now getting a
> /home/emaisin/src/binutils-gdb/gdb/valops.c:3625:13: error: âtargetâ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]
> real_type = value_rtti_type (target, full, top, using_enc);
> Logically, target can't be uninitialized there because of the exception throw. I would expect gcc to be
> smarter about it, since throw_error is marked as noreturn. I can obviously fix it by assigning it to NULL
> at declaration time, but is there a better way of getting rid of the error in these cases?
Bah. Yeah, initializing as NULL is fine.