This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: "make TAGS" broken in 7.8.90
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 20:26:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: "make TAGS" broken in 7.8.90
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <83twzlwe3p dot fsf at gnu dot org> <87zj9dqr3v dot fsf at redhat dot com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> From: Sergio Durigan Junior <email@example.com>
> Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 12:49:56 -0500
> On Tuesday, January 20 2015, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > "make TAGS" is broken. Again. (Sergio, would it make sense to add
> > "make TAGS" to the list of commands run by the buildbot after a build?
> > This breaks too often, IMO.)
> I will adjust the build to include this step. I don't use "make
> TAGS" myself, so are there any dependencies that need to be
> installed to run it?
The 'etags' command from Emacs is all you need. If Emacs is already
installed, then 'etags' should be on PATH, I think.