This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] [python] Optimize python_string_to_host_string() for Python 2.
- From: "Yichun Zhang (agentzh)" <agentzh at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 14:08:16 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [python] Optimize python_string_to_host_string() for Python 2.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1421217481-18204-1-git-send-email-agentzh at gmail dot com>
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 10:38 PM, Yichun Zhang (agentzh) wrote:
> With the following patch, my most complicated Python tools
> finally have comparable performance between Python 2 and
> Python 3. In the case of Python 2, some real-world Python scripts'
> overall speedup can be as big as 34% (for my "lgcpath" command )
> or even 57% (for my "lgcstat" command ). And from the new Flame
> Graph , we can see that the corresponding function frames are
> indeed gone.
> Comments are welcome!
Does the silence in the last 6 days mean that this patch is completely wrong?
Actually I have a few more patches to submit to optimize this
gdb/python part even further. The silence here makes me hesitate ;)
Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong here. Very much appreciated!