This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 2/3 v4] Process record support for PowerPC
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: cole945 at gmail dot com (Wei-cheng Wang), brobecker at adacore dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 12:46:55 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3 v4] Process record support for PowerPC
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Wei-cheng Wang wrote:
> I've got the commit access.
> Ok to commit now? :)
> [1/3] Epilogue unwinder for PowerPC
> [2/3] Reverse debugging for PowerPC
> [3/3] Skip-trampoline for reverse-stepping
Excellent! Please go ahead and commit those patches to mainline.
Unfortunately, in the meantime GDB 7.9 has already branched. It would
be really good to have those patches in the branch as well.
Joel, given that the patches would have been ready before the branch
date, except for the delay to get the FSF assignment in place, would
it be OK with you to backport the patch set to the branch as well?
The patch set does not touch non-PowerPC code at all, and even within
PowerPC code, there should be only minimal effect unless you're actually
using the process record feature.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain