This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Fix jit-reader.h for multilib
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 13:57:11 +0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix jit-reader.h for multilib
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150107173634 dot GA13295 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <87387htths dot fsf at codesourcery dot com> <20150111131353 dot GA9107 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <87iogcsp6m dot fsf at codesourcery dot com> <20150112084206 dot GA27188 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net>
> As I said this patch may not affect much/any other distros because
> * at least Debian does not ship jit-reader.h at all
> * other distros may not consider GDB as a multilib package
I don't think the problem would be specific to Fedora - it is
possible that other distros might benefit from the fix as well.
The only thing that gave me pause was the relatively strange
fix, and the fact that I didn't really understand the issue,
and therefore didn't understand the fix. I don't know much
about jit-reader.h, and the impact of the fix, but I have
a feeling that it would beneficial to others and therefore should
be considered for inclusion.