This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] TUI: rewrite tui_query_hook()
- From: Patrick Palka <patrick at parcs dot ath dot cx>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 09:26:47 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] TUI: rewrite tui_query_hook()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1420689048-23538-1-git-send-email-patrick at parcs dot ath dot cx> <831tn5760g dot fsf at gnu dot org> <CA+C-WL9PgF4j6mzX7Tytsu8a_rAvzfeVmDLbAxcDFfAAOoep1g at mail dot gmail dot com> <83wq4x5pgy dot fsf at gnu dot org>
On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 9:14 AM, Eli Zaretskii <email@example.com> wrote:
>> From: Patrick Palka <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>> Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 08:42:38 -0500
>> Cc: email@example.com
>> > Given the latest discussions about buffering, don't you need to call
>> > wrefresh after the second tui_puts?
>> I have been using this patch for a few months locally and have not
>> seen any buffering issues. The recently-mentioned issues are mostly
>> Windows-related, aren't they? I can add a wrefresh() if that is
>> what's needed to prevent potential buffering issues.
> I think we shouldn't assume that stdout gets flushed when a program
> reads from stdin.
That sounds like a good rule of thumb.