This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't munge yacc's #line directives
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Patrick Palka <patrick at parcs dot ath dot cx>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2015 14:06:12 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't munge yacc's #line directives
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1420678878-14065-1-git-send-email-patrick at parcs dot ath dot cx> <54AE71D2 dot 6020301 at redhat dot com> <CA+C-WL9R66V9M9b3nYad1AGYQna4DekAsAtemgm7FMQY4cqiPg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CA+C-WL_Ar9wpM9+kXd-pnyoz8KfXQKuyq2E1Wd3+KS4TT4Sv1Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 01/08/2015 12:48 PM, Patrick Palka wrote:
> Here is the upstream automake patch that is probably responsible for
> making the sed expression in question obsolete:
I find that a bit confusing, since the comment says:
# We don't want the resulting debug information to point at
# an absolute srcdir.
(the upstream master version still has the comment, though
In any case, I think we've done due diligence already.
Could you update the commit log with the new findings and
references, and please also include an before/after example
of a #line line? With that, the patch is OK.
E.g., here's what I see, before/after your patch:
-#line 36 "/home/pedro/gdb/mygit/src/gdb//home/pedro/gdb/mygit/src/gdb/ada-exp.y"
+#line 36 "/home/pedro/gdb/mygit/src/gdb/ada-exp.y"