This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [Patch] Fix build problem with system call in compile/compile.c
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: sellcey at imgtec dot com, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>, Chen Gang <gang dot chen at sunrus dot com dot cn>
- Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 19:01:00 +0000
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Fix build problem with system call in compile/compile.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <c2ab3326-5227-43ff-a755-35cf75e209d8 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <20150106041615 dot GJ5445 at adacore dot com> <1420560255 dot 15691 dot 21 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey> <20150107041351 dot GN5445 at adacore dot com> <1420655766 dot 15691 dot 44 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
On 01/07/2015 06:36 PM, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> I am not sure why we allow ourselves to ignore the return value. Maybe
> we shouldn't. Chen Gang submitted a different patch where the return
> value is checked. Should we use that instead?
Yes, I think so. Jan's WIP patch to use ftw/fts instead of "rm -rf" also
warns on fail. Meanwhile, I think Chen's patch is good.