This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Add --with-libz-prefix option in config/zlib.m4
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 21:02:24 +0400
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Add --with-libz-prefix option in config/zlib.m4
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150107144548 dot GX5432 at adacore dot com> <FF7C0642-8F80-4D67-B5E1-92219910FC89 at adacore dot com>
> > This patch enhances config/zlib.m4 to introduce an extra option
> > --with-libz-prefix which allows us to provide the location of
> > the zlib library we want to use during the build.
> I prefer the gcc way to provide external library:
> --with-zlib -> system zlib used
> --with-zlib=pathname -> zlib from pathname is used
Unfortunately, we took a different route with GDB (with-...-prefix).
We already have a really nice macro that takes care of a lot of
configury for us with respect to lib depenencies, which I see
in gcc's root configure.ac that gmp/mpfr/mpc options is done
via specific code.
What I'm getting at is that, to achieve your prefered option
(which I agree is more elegant), it would take a significant