This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Cannot execute this command without a live selected thread.
- From: Sandra Loosemore <sandra at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:56:45 -0600
- Subject: Re: Cannot execute this command without a live selected thread.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <544A7648 dot 6060102 at codesourcery dot com> <544A7930 dot 4040909 at redhat dot com> <544A8741 dot 9090705 at codesourcery dot com> <544A8B0C dot 5000509 at redhat dot com>
On 10/24/2014 11:23 AM, Pedro Alves wrote:
On 10/24/2014 06:07 PM, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
Sending packet: $?#3f...Packet received: S00
Sending packet: $qfThreadInfo#bb...Packet received: l
Huh, I think this is the problem.
So this target supports qfThreadInfo, but then it's returning
an empty thread list... remote_update_thread_list will delete
threads from GDB's list that are not found in the thread list that
the target reported. Why is the target reporting that empty list?
I dug around in the svn history for our stub library. We made that
change to the thread packet handling because if it returned an empty
response to qfThreadInfo instead, GDB persistently complained:
warning: RMT ERROR : failed to get remote thread list.
especially when being run from Eclipse.
It seemed then that debugging worked OK in spite of the warnings, but
the messages looked both frightening and incomprehensible to users.
This was back in 2010, so maybe GDB doesn't do that any more.