This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: time to workaround libc/13097 in fsf gdb?
- From: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:35:08 -0700
- Subject: Re: time to workaround libc/13097 in fsf gdb?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAP9bCMRko50FiANwa+h2FadG-k6Me69N04F+Le-bUnTVLQYKuQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5411CFAE dot 7040805 at redhat dot com> <20140912115452 dot GA5626 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <5412E3AC dot 80203 at redhat dot com> <21523 dot 39044 dot 768702 dot 981508 at ruffy2 dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com>
On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Doug Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I downloaded glibc 2.20 and tested it with gdb 7.8.
> Still an issue.
> [I just did a simple build, if there's a configure option
> that will fix things I didn't try one.]
> I think FSF gdb 7.8[.1?] (the latest) should work with FSF glibc 2.20
> (the latest).
Data point: Evidently people on Arch Linux are tripping over this, so
there are real users affected here.
They're also affected by another bug where we're not reading their
vdso properly and getting bfd error "File truncated".