This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: time to workaround libc/13097 in fsf gdb?
- From: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, Doug Evans <xdje42 at gmail dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:16:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: time to workaround libc/13097 in fsf gdb?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAP9bCMRko50FiANwa+h2FadG-k6Me69N04F+Le-bUnTVLQYKuQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5411CFAE dot 7040805 at redhat dot com> <20140912115452 dot GA5626 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <5412E3AC dot 80203 at redhat dot com> <20140912123320 dot GA8704 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <5412EB1F dot 40309 at redhat dot com> <20140917201049 dot GA22880 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <541C3FCF dot 4000400 at redhat dot com> <20140920195017 dot GA5931 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <54215700 dot 30402 at redhat dot com>
Pedro Alves wrote:
> On 09/20/2014 08:50 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> > Then it is (IMO) most time effective to rewrite GDB to C++
> > first.
> Let me remind you that I'm still on the C++ camp. Last we
> discussed this, I suggested that we should have a wiki page
> describing the project, summarizing previous discussions,
> previously identified obstacles, proposed solutions for same,
> listing a suggested conversion roadmap ("gcc -Wc++-compat"
> -> "still C but built with g++", etc.), etc. That hasn't
> happened yet.
This is my fault, it was on my task list and I haven't done