This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[PUSHED][PR gdb/17384] Re: [PATCH] [PR tdep/17379] Fix internal-error when stack pointer is invalid
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: palves at redhat dot com (Pedro Alves)
- Cc: emachado at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com (Edjunior Barbosa Machado), gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:34:45 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: [PUSHED][PR gdb/17384] Re: [PATCH] [PR tdep/17379] Fix internal-error when stack pointer is invalid
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Pedro Alves wrote:
> On 09/17/2014 01:41 PM, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> > Agreed, it doesn't make sense for safe_read_memory_integer to ever
> > print an error. In fact, it doesn't make sense for it to start
> > using a routine that raises exceptions and then attempt to catch it.
> > The following patch simplifies the whole logic by just using
> > target_read_memory directly. Does this look reasonable?
> Definitely reasonable. Looks great to me. Thanks for doing this.
OK, I've committed that patch now.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain