This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: [Patch, microblaze]: Port of Linux gdbserver
- From: Ajit Kumar Agarwal <ajit dot kumar dot agarwal at xilinx dot com>
- To: Michael Eager <eager at eagercon dot com>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Vinod Kathail <vinodk at xilinx dot com>, Vidhumouli Hunsigida <vidhum at xilinx dot com>, "Nagaraju Mekala" <nmekala at xilinx dot com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:36:10 +0000
- Subject: RE: [Patch, microblaze]: Port of Linux gdbserver
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=pass (sender IP is 184.108.40.206) smtp dot mailfrom=ajit dot kumar dot agarwal at xilinx dot com;
- References: <2570e3c7-f55b-45cd-aa6e-7f4fa145f32a at BN1BFFO11FD002 dot protection dot gbl> <541052B5 dot 5080503 at eagercon dot com> <20140910134606 dot GO28404 at adacore dot com> <050c6461-c35c-441d-9b63-7636d9164e2e at BL2FFO11FD048 dot protection dot gbl> <20140910144313 dot GP28404 at adacore dot com> <89d100d8-4ebd-4f50-b5e9-59312124db6a at BL2FFO11FD057 dot protection dot gbl> <54131362 dot 1050009 at eagercon dot com> <daf38849-83e4-44a7-8903-a5251b5bbbbd at BY2FFO11FD021 dot protection dot gbl> <541827A0 dot 7000508 at eagercon dot com>
From: Michael Eager [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 5:36 PM
To: Ajit Kumar Agarwal; Joel Brobecker
Cc: email@example.com; Vinod Kathail; Vidhumouli Hunsigida; Nagaraju Mekala
Subject: Re: [Patch, microblaze]: Port of Linux gdbserver
On 09/15/14 23:41, Ajit Kumar Agarwal wrote:
>>> What are the results of running the gdb regression test suite using gdbserver on the target after applying this patch?
> This patch requires the below patches which are already sent to FSF to be applied for the expected results with gdb regression testsuite.
> The details and the related reasons are given below.
>>If a patch has prerequisites, please identify them.
Along with the two patches given below the patch for linux_remove_breakpoint support are the prerequisites.
> [Patch, microblaze] Add little-endian breakpoint.
> [Patch, microblaze]: Add support of microblaze software single
> The above patches were already sent to FSF and are yet to be applied.
>>Please respond to comments on the first patch.
As suggested the response is sent over the first patch.
>>For second patch, the test case you provided does not show the failure.
As the current testcase we sent is not reproducing the issue at your end, we think the current gdb testsuite failures are the best examples to reproduce the problem.
Along with these three patches and the gdbserver patch, the gdb testsuites will provide the results expected.
> [Patch,microblaze]: Add support linux_memory_remove_breakpoints.
> As suggested by Joel to not to mix the gdbserver patch with gdb patch, I will be sending the patch "Add Support linux_memory_remove_breakpoints" separately.
>>I suggest that you fix problems with the previous patches before submitting more.
> With the above mentioned gdb patches and the gdbserver patch, below are the results. All the executables are little endian binaries compiled with microblazeel-xilinux-linux-gnu.
> === gdb Summary ===
> # of expected passes 8146
> # of unexpected failures 2470
> # of unexpected successes 2
> # of expected failures 6
> # of known failures 21
> # of unresolved testcases 28
> # of untested testcases 44
> # of unsupported tests 125
>>Thanks. What is your testing environment?
Xilinux Petalinux Kernel is booted on a KC705 design. gdb testsuite is using the Linux toolchain (compiled with microblazeel-xilinx-linux-gnu(little-endian)).
Michael Eager firstname.lastname@example.org
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077