This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: [Patch, microblaze]: Port of Linux gdbserver
- From: Ajit Kumar Agarwal <ajit dot kumar dot agarwal at xilinx dot com>
- To: Michael Eager <eager at eagercon dot com>, Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Vinod Kathail <vinodk at xilinx dot com>, Vidhumouli Hunsigida <vidhum at xilinx dot com>, "Nagaraju Mekala" <nmekala at xilinx dot com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 06:41:34 +0000
- Subject: RE: [Patch, microblaze]: Port of Linux gdbserver
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: spf=pass (sender IP is 184.108.40.206) smtp dot mailfrom=ajit dot kumar dot agarwal at xilinx dot com;
- References: <2570e3c7-f55b-45cd-aa6e-7f4fa145f32a at BN1BFFO11FD002 dot protection dot gbl> <541052B5 dot 5080503 at eagercon dot com> <20140910134606 dot GO28404 at adacore dot com> <050c6461-c35c-441d-9b63-7636d9164e2e at BL2FFO11FD048 dot protection dot gbl> <20140910144313 dot GP28404 at adacore dot com> <89d100d8-4ebd-4f50-b5e9-59312124db6a at BL2FFO11FD057 dot protection dot gbl> <54131362 dot 1050009 at eagercon dot com>
From: Michael Eager [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 9:08 PM
To: Ajit Kumar Agarwal; Joel Brobecker
Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; Vinod Kathail; Vidhumouli Hunsigida; Nagaraju Mekala
Subject: Re: [Patch, microblaze]: Port of Linux gdbserver
On 09/12/14 01:38, Ajit Kumar Agarwal wrote:
> Forget to attach the Patch Resending it again.
> With feedback comments incorporated, Please find the updated patch.
Again, please do not top post.
Please edit your posts. There is no need to include multiple copies of the ChangeLog.
> [Patch, microblaze]: Port of Linux gdbserver
> This patch is the port of Linux gdbserver.
> 2014-10-12 Ajit Agarwal <email@example.com>
> * configure.tgt (build_gdbserver): New Definition.
> * features/microblaze-linux-core.xml: New file.
> * features/microblaze-linux-stack-protect.xml: New file.
> * features/microblaze-linux-stack-protect.c: New file.
>>This is identical to microblaze-with-stack-protect.c. Both specify tdesc_create_feature (result, "org.gnu.gdb.microblaze.core");
>>Why is this needed?
This is needed as gdbserver code expects the register pc as "pc" instead of "rpc" for baremetel. The microblaze-linux-core.xml is changed from "rpc" to "pc" for gdbserver code to work.
> * gdbserver/Makefile.in (microblaze-linux.c): New target.
> * gdbserver/configure.srv (microblaze*-*-linux*): New target.
> * gdbserver/linux-microblaze-low.c: New file.
> Signed-off-by:Ajit Agarwal firstname.lastname@example.org
>>What are the results of running the gdb regression test suite using gdbserver on the target after applying this patch?
This patch requires the below patches which are already sent to FSF to be applied for the expected results with gdb regression testsuite.
The details and the related reasons are given below.
[Patch, microblaze] Add little-endian breakpoint.
[Patch, microblaze]: Add support of microblaze software single stepping
The above patches were already sent to FSF and are yet to be applied.
[Patch,microblaze]: Add support linux_memory_remove_breakpoints.
As suggested by Joel to not to mix the gdbserver patch with gdb patch, I will be sending the patch "Add Support linux_memory_remove_breakpoints" separately.
Without the above patches and running the gdb regression testsuite(gdb.base) gives bad testsuite results.
Hence the gdb testsuite is stopped in between.
warning: Remote failure reply: E01
Ignoring packet error, continuing...
FAIL: gdb.base/annota1.exp: print array (timeout)
Due to this error the subsequent testcases fails and following results were obtained.
=== gdb Summary ===
# of expected passes 67
# of unexpected failures 106
# of expected failures 1
# of unresolved testcases 6
# of untested testcases 4
# of unsupported tests 96
With the above mentioned gdb patches and the gdbserver patch, below are the results. All the executables are little endian binaries compiled with microblazeel-xilinux-linux-gnu.
=== gdb Summary ===
# of expected passes 8146
# of unexpected failures 2470
# of unexpected successes 2
# of expected failures 6
# of known failures 21
# of unresolved testcases 28
# of untested testcases 44
# of unsupported tests 125
Thanks & Regards
Michael Eager email@example.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077