This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [IRIX] eliminate deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint uses
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>, Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 13:23:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: [IRIX] eliminate deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint uses
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <201409101445 dot s8AEjILM007935 at d06av02 dot portsmouth dot uk dot ibm dot com> <54106C61 dot 7040400 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1409101639030 dot 27075 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <54107860 dot 6060301 at redhat dot com> <20140910224358 dot GS28404 at adacore dot com> <5410D83E dot 3070401 at redhat dot com> <20140911032712 dot GT28404 at adacore dot com> <54134A9D dot 3010107 at redhat dot com>
> Thanks Joel. I've addressed that issue by marking the breakpoints
> as disp_del_at_next_stop instead of deleting them immediately.
> Locally, I added a call to remove_solib_event_breakpoints_at_next_stop
> to solib-svr4.c:svr4_handle_solib_event, to check that the breakpoint
> does indeed end up removed, and that we don't crash. Adding a
> call to remove_solib_event_breakpoints instead would crash in the
> same way you saw on IRIX with the previous version of this patch.
> I avoided exposing insert_breakpoint_locations out of breakpoint.c by
> adding a new create_and_insert_solib_event_breakpoint function
> that is like create_solib_event_breakpoint but tries to insert the
> breakpoint immediately.
> I figure that if someone wants to keep IRIX alive (either now, by
> bringing it back from git), this will be a better base to start
> So in interest of not having to wait for IRIX to be dropped,
> I've gone ahead and pushed the patch below.
I've just rebuilt GDB again, and I can confirm that the problem
is fixed. After starting a program, I can still see the same
list of shared libraries as before your change.