This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: time to workaround libc/13097 in fsf gdb?
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Doug Evans <xdje42 at gmail dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 14:33:20 +0200
- Subject: Re: time to workaround libc/13097 in fsf gdb?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAP9bCMRko50FiANwa+h2FadG-k6Me69N04F+Le-bUnTVLQYKuQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5411CFAE dot 7040805 at redhat dot com> <20140912115452 dot GA5626 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <5412E3AC dot 80203 at redhat dot com>
On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 14:14:36 +0200, Pedro Alves wrote:
> I was more inclined to leave the vdso in the shared library list
> though, like ldd does, than filtering it out. Like, similar to
> your gdbarch_solib_file_not_found_is_ok patch, but look at the
> addresses rather than filenames in the hook. I'm not sure
> whether that'd complicate things too much.
Everything can be done but this is again changing a direction/behavior of GDB
upon receiving a fix of current behavior. So far GDB has not been including
vDSO in the library list and the patch was fixing that behavior. One can go
very far from doing one fix up to rewriting GDB from scratch.