This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v8] Clarify GDBSERVER use in linux-waitpid.c
- From: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 12:09:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v8] Clarify GDBSERVER use in linux-waitpid.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5410523B dot 8020305 at redhat dot com> <1410516221-19088-1-git-send-email-gbenson at redhat dot com> <5412C56C dot 4000606 at redhat dot com>
Pedro Alves wrote:
> On 09/12/2014 11:03 AM, Gary Benson wrote:
> > Pedro Alves wrote:
> > > Sorry, but now that I see it, IMO the end up resulting code
> > > doesn't really look better than what we already have. :-/
> > > We end up with #ifdef GDBSERVER anyway, so might be best to
> > > either leave this be until we come up with a complete solution.
> > Ok, how about this:
> > This commit makes linux-waitpid.c include common-defs.h. GDB's
> > inclusion of defs.h is removed, but gdbserver's inclusion of
> > server.h remains to support some gdbserver-specific debug code
> > that cannot presently be merged. A new FIXME documents this.
> > gdb/ChangeLog:
> > * nat/linux-waitpid.c: Include common-defs.h.
> > [GDBSERVER]: Add FIXME comment.
> > [!GDBSERVER]: Don't include defs.h or signal.h.
> > (linux_debug) [!GDBSERVER]: Remove empty block.
Ok, this whole series is pushed now and (barring the comment Doug
wanted changed) complete. Thanks for the help guys!