This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: New deprecation procedure
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: brobecker at adacore dot com (Joel Brobecker)
- Cc: palves at redhat dot com (Pedro Alves), gdb-patches at sourceware dot org (GDB Patches)
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 10:51:21 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: New deprecation procedure
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Joel Brobecker wrote:
> Sharing a thought that crossed my mind: I thought about increasing
> the amount of time we wait between steps, from 1 week to say, 2 weeks,
> giving anyone about a month to step up. I eventually dropped the idea
> because someone stepping up late should easily be able to revert
> the removal, particularly now that we've switched to git. In the
> meantime, since we suspect no-one is usually going to step up,
> waiting longer just defers the corresponding cleanups we want to do.
> If you guys agree with that, I'll add something to the wiki page
> to explain the thought process.
Makes sense to me.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain