This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB dropping support for mips-irix and alpha-tru64
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:58:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: GDB dropping support for mips-irix and alpha-tru64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140911185249 dot GA13931 at adacore dot com>
Sending a copy of this announcement to gdb-patches as well,
as suggested by Sergio.
> The GDB project is planning on removing support for the following
> - MIPS IRIX (mips*-sgi-irix5*, mips*-sgi-irix6*)
> - Alpha Tru64 (alpha*-*-osf*)
> As of GDB 7.8, our latest release, we hope that GDB will build and work.
> But we currently have no report of anyone who has tried it, so we do not
> know for sure.
> If you are still using a recent GDB on either of these platforms,
> and would like to step up to continue maintaining either of them,
> please let us know. We have been maintaining them as best we can
> up to now, but we have reached a point where this is becoming
> too difficult and/or more effort that anyone is willing to invest.
> If you are interested in maintaining either port, please contact
> us immediately, even if you are not sure. Our process for removing
> a platform is fairly fast by internet standards: If no one steps up,
> we will send this notice to gdb-announce a week from now. And then
> declare the removal a week after that.