This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[PATCH 0/4] PR c++/13403 and PR c++/15154: Fix function calling convention in gnuv3 ABI
- From: Siva Chandra <sivachandra at google dot com>
- To: gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 11:35:24 -0700
- Subject: [PATCH 0/4] PR c++/13403 and PR c++/15154: Fix function calling convention in gnuv3 ABI
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This patch series addresses the two listed PRs. The gnuv3 ABI function
which decides whether a class value has to be passed by reference (or,
returned in a hidden first parameter) is currently incomplete. This
patch series completes it.
The way I have organised my patches is that:
- Patch 1/4 adds tests which illustrate what is missing. One test
fails, another passes.
- Patch 2/4 fixes the ABI to address the failing the test in 1/4.
- Patch 3/4 adds another failing test.
- Patch 4/4 fixes the ABI to address the failing test in 3/4.
If the patches go in in the same order as above, then the tree will
have one new failing test after 1/4 lands but before 2/4 lands. Is
that OK? If not, then I can merge 1 and 2 into one patch, and 3 and 4
into 1 patch. I have ordered it this way because I thought it might be
easier for the reviewers to see what works and what doesn't currently.