This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: eliminate deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint. what's left.
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: brobecker at adacore dot com (Joel Brobecker)
- Cc: palves at redhat dot com (Pedro Alves), gdb-patches at sourceware dot org (GDB Patches)
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 18:35:53 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: eliminate deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint. what's left.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Joel Brobecker wrote:
> So let's discuss the new obsoleting procedure, so we can document it:
> . I think that the first 4 steps (post email on gdb@, wait a week,
> then on gdb-announce, wait another week) are fine. Anyone thinks
> we should go straight to gdb-announce?
> My thinking is that people interested in maintaining a port
> with enough skills to do so are likely to already be on gdb@,
> so we can avoid sending an extra mail to gdb-announce. But
> the traffic on gdb-announce being very low, and the frequency
> at which we deprecate targets being fairly small as well,
> I wouldn't object to a simpler procedure where we email
> gdb-announce directly.
> . Remove steps 5 & 6 that mark the code as obsolete, only keeping
> the last test, which removes the code. I'd add a note to add
> a NEWS entry.
Sounds all good to me.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain