This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: eliminate deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint. what's left.
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 05:29:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: eliminate deprecated_insert_raw_breakpoint. what's left.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140908192432 dot GE28404 at adacore dot com> <201409092148 dot s89LmmOa012429 at d06av02 dot portsmouth dot uk dot ibm dot com>
> > I would be surprised if anyone still cared about IRIX anymore.
> > I enjoyed working on that system, but I no longer have access
> > to it, so can't support it anymore.
> I see that IRIX seems to be in "Retired Mode" as of 12/31/2013:
And I saw yesterday on the binutils mailing-list that IRIX support
was removed from GCC already. I think these are all pretty strong
> Do we have a current process to formally obsolete/remove support
> for old systems?
> [ I guess another candidate to remove might be Alpha OSF/1 ... ]
Here is what I found:
I agree we can obsolete Alpha OSF/1 as well.