This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Reset errno before PTRACE_PEEKUSER for MIPS DSP_CONTROL
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: James Hogan <james dot hogan at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 22:21:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Reset errno before PTRACE_PEEKUSER for MIPS DSP_CONTROL
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1409608120-23991-1-git-send-email-james dot hogan at imgtec dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1409031340130 dot 27075 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <20140903125111 dot GF12084 at jhogan-linux dot le dot imgtec dot org>
On Wed, 3 Sep 2014, James Hogan wrote:
> > > gdb/:
> > > * mips-linux-nat.c (mips_linux_read_description): Reset errno to 0
> > > prior to reading DSP_CONTROL with PTRACE_PEEKUSER ptrace call.
> > >
> > > gdb/gdbserver/:
> > > * linux-mips-low.c (mips_read_description): Reset errno to 0 prior
> > > to reading DSP_CONTROL with PTRACE_PEEKUSER ptrace call.
> > This is fine, go ahead and apply it. Thanks.
> Thanks for reviewing it Maciej.
> This is my first GDB patch submitted upstream (although I have a pile of
> RFC patches for FR=1, FRE=1, MSA support I'm still getting into shape),
> so I don't have push access yet. Is it easy to arrange?
Sure, that can be arranged, but you need to prove yourself by submitting
a few more good patches first though. And assuming you've got a copyright
assignment in place with FSF, either personally or on behalf of your
employer (I presume you do, but please confirm as you start sending larger
changes). You'll have to speak with one of the general maintainers when
the right time comes.
I have applied your change now, thanks.
BTW, I've had some FR=1 stuff ongoing too, though regrettably stalled
-- based on an old patch from MIPS Technologies that wasn't quite there,
but still was a good starting point. Bare iron only of course as there
was no FR=1 Linux ABI up until recently. It will be interesting to see
how the two pieces compare. Or actually it may make sense if I push my
piece first, there was just some concern about regcache that remained
unresolved, so I'll see if I can reintegrate that change against current
trunk, retest and repost.