This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Reset errno before PTRACE_PEEKUSER for MIPS DSP_CONTROL
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: James Hogan <james dot hogan at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 13:41:29 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Reset errno before PTRACE_PEEKUSER for MIPS DSP_CONTROL
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1409608120-23991-1-git-send-email-james dot hogan at imgtec dot com>
On Mon, 1 Sep 2014, James Hogan wrote:
> PTRACE_PEEKUSER can return -1, which is usually used to determine whether
> a system call has reported an error, so errno must be used alone to
> determine whether an error occurred. However errno isn't modified by a
> successful system call so it must be reset to a known value (0) before the
> syscall call.
> Add the missing errno reset when reading the DSP_CONTROL register in the
> native MIPS Linux backend and the MIPS gdbserver backend.
> * mips-linux-nat.c (mips_linux_read_description): Reset errno to 0
> prior to reading DSP_CONTROL with PTRACE_PEEKUSER ptrace call.
> * linux-mips-low.c (mips_read_description): Reset errno to 0 prior
> to reading DSP_CONTROL with PTRACE_PEEKUSER ptrace call.
This is fine, go ahead and apply it. Thanks.