This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Rename 32- and 64-bit Intel files from "i386" to "x86"
- From: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 16:55:48 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Rename 32- and 64-bit Intel files from "i386" to "x86"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1409576744-15249-1-git-send-email-gbenson at redhat dot com> <1409660648-2804-1-git-send-email-gbenson at redhat dot com> <20140902122820 dot GA13324 at blade dot nx> <5405CEFA dot 5000100 at redhat dot com>
Pedro Alves wrote:
> On 09/02/2014 01:28 PM, Gary Benson wrote:
> > Gary Benson wrote:
> > > I found three more files that needed renaming.
> > > Updated patch inlined below.
> > > I will reply to this message with a "git diff -M" version.
> > "git diff -M" version as promised.
> Thanks, that helps.
> I like this. Getting these little details consistent throughout
> should make it for reading/grokking the code base a little easier.
> Fewer surprises should mean happier newcomers.
> Given that when we last discussed this naming convention on the
> list (*), objections were addressed and no further objections came
> around, I think we should go right ahead before this bit rots.
> Thus, OK.
> * - https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2014-06/msg00931.html