This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v2] aarch64/gdbserver: fix floating point registers display
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Catalin Udma <catalin dot udma at freescale dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 14:47:31 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] aarch64/gdbserver: fix floating point registers display
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1408690493-5243-1-git-send-email-catalin dot udma at freescale dot com>
On 22 August 2014 07:54, Catalin Udma <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> When using aarch64 gdb with gdbserver, floating point registers are
> not correctly displayed, as below:
> (gdb) info registers fpsr fpcr
> fpsr <unavailable>
> fpcr <unavailable>
> To fix these problems, the missing fpsr and fpcr registers are added
> when floating point registers are read/write
> 2014-08-12 Catalin Udma <email@example.com>
> * linux-aarch64-low.c (AARCH64_FPSR_REGNO): New define.
> (AARCH64_FPCR_REGNO): Likewise.
> (AARCH64_NUM_REGS): Update to include fpsr/fpcr registers.
> (aarch64_fill_fpregset): Add missing fpsr/fpcr registers.
> (aarch64_store_fpregset): Likewise.
This looks good to me.... and I agree with the views expressed
elsewhere in this list that
https://sourceware.org/ml/gdb-patches/2013-12/msg00720.html should be
reverted pending a proper solution for BE.
.. however... I can't approve your patch here in gdb land.