This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Python's gdb.FRAME_UNWIND_NULL_ID is no longer used. What to do with it?
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 15:27:41 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Python's gdb.FRAME_UNWIND_NULL_ID is no longer used. What to do with it?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1385664356-29726-1-git-send-email-palves at redhat dot com> <5297B2BF dot 9010401 at redhat dot com>
On 11/28/2013 09:16 PM, Phil Muldoon wrote:
> As a script could check it, and because we make an API promise, we
> really have to leave it in there. You have done the correct
> thing by documenting the deprecated nature of the constant.
> It might be time to think about what the API pertains too. GDB
> evolves constantly, and I really don't want Python in a few years from
> now to be full of deprecated functions/constants.
> OK by me.
Thanks guys. I've pushed it.