This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Delegate to target_ops->beneath to read cache lines
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 12:08:55 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Delegate to target_ops->beneath to read cache lines
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1385554824-7159-1-git-send-email-yao at codesourcery dot com> <5295F877 dot 3060004 at redhat dot com> <52980180 dot 1050000 at codesourcery dot com>
Patch is OK, thanks.
A comment on the commit log:
On 11/29/2013 02:52 AM, Yao Qi wrote:
> Note that using ¤t_target in dcache_read_line will cause an
> endless recursion, so I change it to current_target.beneath.
Hmm, that's not what I recall and documented in
/* Dispatch to the topmost target, not the flattened current_target.
Memory accesses check target->to_has_(all_)memory, and the
flattened target doesn't inherit those. */
And indeed, if I tweak the patch to drop that hunk,
that's still what I see. What recursion did you see?