This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] mt set per-command remote-packets on|off
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 19:42:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] mt set per-command remote-packets on|off
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <yjt2k3ftxy6y dot fsf at ruffy dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com> <878uw9z9aj dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CADPb22RTPQYPzUnB4S_Rwn=rmrji8aCMZvfZMGHUfQJz+1RHCA at mail dot gmail dot com>
Doug> I'd like having per-remote stats so I kept them in remote_state.
Doug> The per-command stats will just report one target (and get the deltas
Doug> wrong if the target ever switches during the command), but it's a
Doug> pretty rare event at the moment.
Doug> And if/when we start having multiple remote targets be more common I
Doug> was thinking of having a command to allow dumping all the stats
Doug> (should such a need ever arise - it may not).
Doug> I was thinking about at least printing ??? instead of negative values
Doug> for the deltas should they occur.
Doug> I may do that now.
Perhaps the printing ought to zero the stats in the remote_state.
Or perhaps the printing ought to be delegated to remote.c.