This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA/commit] Fix filestuff.c build error if RLIMIT_NOFILE not defined.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:15:34 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA/commit] Fix filestuff.c build error if RLIMIT_NOFILE not defined.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1385441763-31424-1-git-send-email-brobecker at adacore dot com>
>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Joel> Bordering on the obvious, I decided for an RFA, just in case, because
Joel> it relies on RLIMIT_NOFILE always being a marcro, POSIX does not seem
Joel> to require it. It seems to be true in practice, though, for all systems
Joel> I checked (Various flavors of GNU/Linux, including embedded ones,
Joel> Solaris, AIX, Lynx, etc).
It seems relatively ok to me.
To really fail the system would have to lack this #define and also lack
sysconf + _SC_OPEN_MAX. And then the failure mode is just that gdb
works the way it always did in the past.