This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RE: [PATCH v1 1/1] Fix PR16193 - gdbserver aborts.
- From: "Tedeschi, Walfred" <walfred dot tedeschi at intel dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "yao at codesourcery dot com" <yao at codesourcery dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 14:32:28 +0000
- Subject: RE: [PATCH v1 1/1] Fix PR16193 - gdbserver aborts.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1385386802-16948-1-git-send-email-walfred dot tedeschi at intel dot com> <52935D6A dot 1060301 at redhat dot com>
This should be the fix. The issue was that the buffer size was not matching the size actually read.
Macro was really broken, for any XCR0 value it was returning 576, as pointed by Joel:
I have tested the macros on an ad-hoc application to verify its functionality.
Do you still see the issue when applying this?
Thanks for your review!
From: Pedro Alves [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 3:24 PM
To: Tedeschi, Walfred
Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Subject: Re: [PATCH v1 1/1] Fix PR16193 - gdbserver aborts.
On 11/25/2013 01:40 PM, Walfred Tedeschi wrote:
> Macro returning the size of the xsave buffer got broken with the MPX
> patch. Fix improves the macro to make it more readable.
To be clear, this patch doesn't do any fix yet -- it's just a preparatory cleanup, right?
Dornacher Strasse 1
85622 Feldkirchen/Muenchen, Deutschland
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Feldkirchen bei Muenchen
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Lamprechter, Hannes Schwaderer, Douglas Lusk
Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 47456
Ust.-IdNr./VAT Registration No.: DE129385895
Citibank Frankfurt a.M. (BLZ 502 109 00) 600119052