This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Release 2.24
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>, Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, <binutils at sourceware dot org>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:50:15 +0000
- Subject: Re: Release 2.24
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <2741C968-721F-46E9-A2BA-E4B0F64C444B at adacore dot com> <BB32BE2A-A3CC-494C-9FB2-CFD322F49EA3 at adacore dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1309182134580 dot 4379 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <20130918213245 dot GO3132 at adacore dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1309182238430 dot 4379 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1311181646080 dot 21686 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <20131118172117 dot GD3481 at adacore dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1311211718410 dot 21686 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <D55F446C-966F-47BD-9649-C8BBE63975AD at adacore dot com> <20131125094745 dot GA3114 at adacore dot com>
On Mon, 25 Nov 2013, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> > if I understand correctly, the patches aren't for binutils (just for
> > gdb). Is that correct ?
> AFAIU, that is correct. We're trying to get a GDB release out which
> would be compatible with binutils 2.24, before or at the same time
> you release 2.24. It looks like we would only need a handful (maybe
> even just one) patch from bfd.
Correct. These changes (there are some opcodes disassembler updates as
well) were originally committed to binutils as two separate features, but
I've decided there's no point in keeping them such in the GDB 7.6
backport. Their PLT parts are closely related (unlike their GAS and LD
I'm not sure who has the authority to approve this change for GDB 7.6