This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 06/10] vla: update type from newly created value
- From: Doug Evans <xdje42 at gmail dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Sanimir Agovic <sanimir dot agovic at intel dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 11:12:08 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 06/10] vla: update type from newly created value
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1382366424-21010-1-git-send-email-sanimir dot agovic at intel dot com> <1382366424-21010-7-git-send-email-sanimir dot agovic at intel dot com> <528C8F1E dot 2080309 at redhat dot com>
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 2:29 AM, Pedro Alves <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 10/21/2013 03:40 PM, Sanimir Agovic wrote:
>> Constructing a value based on a type and address might change the type
>> of the newly constructed value.
> OOC (and for the archives), why's that? Where does that occur?
>> Thus re-fetch type via value_type to ensure
>> we have the correct type at hand.
Not just for the archives.
I didn't find it in the patch series, but I could have missed it of course.
I think a VERY LOUD comment needs to be added to these routines to
tell the reader "HEADS UP! If you do <this> after calling me, then you
MUST also do <this>."
[or words to that effect]