This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] Update doc on displayhint in command -var-list-children
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 13:00:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] Update doc on displayhint in command -var-list-children
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1384860516-6949-1-git-send-email-yao at codesourcery dot com> <87iovomjwn dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <528C0465 dot 8080902 at codesourcery dot com>
>>>>> "Yao" == Yao Qi <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Yao> On 11/20/2013 12:32 AM, Tom Tromey wrote:
>> If a varobj has a pretty-printer, then the display hint is an attribute
>> of that printer. It ought to be printed as an attribute of the result.
>> Of course, child objects can have their own pretty-printers, and thus
>> their own display hints.
Yao> How about adding the description of "displayhint" in child result?
It seems reasonable to me.