This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [pushed] [PATCH V7 0/8] Intel(R) MPX register support
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: "Tedeschi, Walfred" <walfred dot tedeschi at intel dot com>
- Cc: "Mark Kettenis (mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl)" <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 19:44:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: [pushed] [PATCH V7 0/8] Intel(R) MPX register support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <AC542571535E904D8E8ADAE745D60B191B1D8BC7 at IRSMSX104 dot ger dot corp dot intel dot com>
Unfortunately, this caused PR16193 - gdbserver aborts.
Could you take a look, please?
BTW, while bisecting this, I found that the MPX series as
committed 1dbcd68 fails in early initialization with:
../../src/gdb/amd64-linux-nat.c:1180: internal-error: _initialize_amd64_linux_nat: Assertion `ARRAY_SIZE (amd64_linux_gregset32_reg_offset) == amd64_native_gregset32_num_regs' failed.
A problem internal to GDB has been detected,
further debugging may prove unreliable.
Quit this debugging session? (y or n) [answered Y; input not from terminal]
nothing we can do now, but just a friendly note to point out
that it's a good idea to try to avoid this, to make bisects