This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 2/3] set/show code-cache
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: palves at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 18:13:05 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] set/show code-cache
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1384996594-20865-1-git-send-email-yao at codesourcery dot com> <1384996594-20865-3-git-send-email-yao at codesourcery dot com> <528D781A dot 7070909 at codesourcery dot com> <528DF2C5 dot 6050705 at redhat dot com> <528DFA57 dot 7000601 at codesourcery dot com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 20:19:35 +0800
> From: Yao Qi <email@example.com>
> CC: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> On 11/21/2013 07:47 PM, Pedro Alves wrote:
> > Putting a user hat on, I'd be left wondering what "affecting
> > correctness" means here.
> I don't have any troubles understanding "without affecting correctness".
> It means GDB still behaves correctly when code-cache option is on.
Right, but will the description lose something if you just omit that
part? I mean, if we never say anything about correctness, users will
have no reason to suspect that correctness might suffer in this case.