This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v3 10/13] don't check for unistd.h
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Pierre Muller <pierre dot muller at ics-cnrs dot unistra dot fr>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 22:27:12 +0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 10/13] don't check for unistd.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1384806318-12231-1-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com> <1384806318-12231-11-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com> <13494 dot 0459196971$1384894582 at news dot gmane dot org> <877gc4ksnz dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <8738mskqam dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <877gc3jcoy dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
> Ok, I dug some more, and I discovered that the gnulib "strerror" module
> is the root of our trouble. Dropping it fixes the problem.
> Therefore I'm checking in the appended patch. (I omitted all the
> auto-generated crud from it for clarity.)
> I send a second note to bug-gnulib with my findings.
Thanks, Tom! As it turns out, I just received a build failure
notification when trying to cross-build GDBserver for WindRiver
Linux, precisely because of a problem inside strerror. Strange
that everything worked for all kinds of exotic platforms, and
then had to fail on a target that is supposed to be Linux...