This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v3 10/13] don't check for unistd.h
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: pierre dot muller at ics-cnrs dot unistra dot fr, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:56:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 10/13] don't check for unistd.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1384806318-12231-1-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com> <1384806318-12231-11-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com> <13494 dot 0459196971$1384894582 at news dot gmane dot org> <877gc4ksnz dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <8738mskqam dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <877gc3jcoy dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> From: Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Cc: <email@example.com>
> Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 08:49:17 -0700
> Ok, I dug some more, and I discovered that the gnulib "strerror" module
> is the root of our trouble. Dropping it fixes the problem.
> Therefore I'm checking in the appended patch. (I omitted all the
> auto-generated crud from it for clarity.)
Should we perhaps document these incidents somewhere, so that the
reasons for these decisions are clearly visible to whoever would like
to do this in the future?