This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 00/10 V2] Cache code access for disassemble
- From: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- To: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 11:59:08 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/10 V2] Cache code access for disassemble
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1383458049-20893-1-git-send-email-yao at codesourcery dot com>
On 11/03/2013 01:54 PM, Yao Qi wrote:
This is the V2 of this patch series. In the discussion of V1, the
major comments are:
1. dcache.c and target_dcache needs some cleanups and factor.
2. commands "set dcache size" and "set dcahce line-size" needs a
description on semantics when dcache is per-address_space.
3. Use a single global 'target_dcache' for both stack caching and
4. Replace "executable code" with "code segment" in doc and NEWS.
V2 addresses these comments as follows:
Patch #1 ~ #4 are about cleanups and factors to dcache.c and
target_dcache. Patch #5 is a minor optimization to target_dcache.
Patch #6 and #7 change target_dcache to per-address_space mode, and
update doc on dcache-related commands.
We decide to use single 'target_dcache' for caching different types
of access, so cache invalidation caused by option "stack-cache"
changes makes troubles. Think a little, I find we don't have to
invalidate target_dcache when option "stack-cache" is changed. This
is what patch #8 does, and looks change in patch #8 doesn't affect
the semantics of option "set stack-cache".
I've pushed patch #1 ~ #4, as they are cleanups. I'll drop #8 from this
series, as it is unnecessary pointed out during the review. I'll post V3.