This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA GDB/MI] Help determine if GDB/MI command exists or not
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 14:39:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFA GDB/MI] Help determine if GDB/MI command exists or not
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <528631F2 dot 40408 at redhat dot com> <1384794719-20594-1-git-send-email-brobecker at adacore dot com>
On 11/18/2013 05:11 PM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> - Path #2 implements Pedro's idea of adding an error code to
> the "^error" result record.
> I took Pedro's patch nearly verbatim, removing the bits that
> dealt with invalid command-line usage (this part is left for
> another time, if the need becomes a little more explicit).
> I did notice that the additonal variable looked an awful lot
> like an error code, so I found it odd that we'd name if "error="
> in the patch. And then I realized that Pedro's first email did
> say "code", so I assumed it was a brain fart, and fixed the patch
> to use "code".