This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[RFA GDB/MI] Help determine if GDB/MI command exists or not
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 21:11:57 +0400
- Subject: [RFA GDB/MI] Help determine if GDB/MI command exists or not
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <528631F2 dot 40408 at redhat dot com>
This series introduces 2 patches meant to help front-ends determine
whether a given GDB/MI command exists or not.
- Patch #1 introduces a new command "-info-gdb-mi-command"
The patch is very close to what was proposed in the original
RFC, with only minor corrections, based on feedback received then;
It's basically document changes, IIRC.
- Path #2 implements Pedro's idea of adding an error code to
the "^error" result record.
I took Pedro's patch nearly verbatim, removing the bits that
dealt with invalid command-line usage (this part is left for
another time, if the need becomes a little more explicit).
I did notice that the additonal variable looked an awful lot
like an error code, so I found it odd that we'd name if "error="
in the patch. And then I realized that Pedro's first email did
say "code", so I assumed it was a brain fart, and fixed the patch
to use "code".
Additional remarks on that patch inside the patch's revision log
(to be part of the commit when eventually pushed).
I added NEWS, doco, and testcase as well.