This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v2] Events when inferior is modified
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Nick Bull <nicholaspbull at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 16:31:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Events when inferior is modified
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <51CDBD48 dot 6010903 at gmail dot com> <87k3k7kbdy dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CABbKtXsh+BG6=s6ZmaoEFYeiFR-9SAWqMYk3DqP-Ej047zd7LQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <528A0A83 dot 1080203 at gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 12:39:31 +0000
> From: Nick Bull <email@example.com>
> This patch adds new observers, and corresponding Python events, for
> various actions on an inferior: calling a function (by hand),
> modifying registers or modifying memory.
> A use case for these events is that by flagging these occurrences, it
> can be noticed that the execution of the program is potentially
> 'dirty'. (Hence why the notification doesn't carry information about
> what was modified; for my purposes it's enough to know that /a/
> change has happened.)
> 2013-11-18 Nick Bull <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * doc/observer.texi (inferior_call_pre, inferior_call_post
> register_change, memory_change): New observers.
The observer.texi part is OK.