This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Don't evaluate condition for non-matching thread
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <xdje42 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 09:58:00 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Don't evaluate condition for non-matching thread
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <m3zjpap8m1 dot fsf at seba dot sebabeach dot org> <5281F6DB dot 2010603 at redhat dot com> <m3vbzxovhm dot fsf_-_ at seba dot sebabeach dot org>
On 11/13/2013 03:01 AM, Doug Evans wrote:
> Is there a reason the current code is the way it is?
I can't think of any. I'm actually surprised we do this.
We'd get the same effect if/when we push the thread check
down to the target, and I wouldn't imagine this "always eval
condition first" blocking such new feature.
> [I realize conditions can have side-effects, to, e.g., collect data,
> but the user has made the breakpoint thread-specific already.]
Yeah. There are several other ways to get to same result, so
it's not a real issue, IMO.
> If you think this warrants a NEWS entry I can certainly add one.
I don't think so.
> Ok to check in?