This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] New GDB/MI command "-info-gdb-mi-command"
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: tromey at redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 07:03:30 +0400
- Subject: Re: [RFC] New GDB/MI command "-info-gdb-mi-command"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8761rzknb4 dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <1384255504-28444-1-git-send-email-brobecker at adacore dot com> <83siv11soi dot fsf at gnu dot org> <20131112174319 dot GE3481 at adacore dot com> <83li0t1ob1 dot fsf at gnu dot org>
> > Can you give some ideas as to how it would be used.
> Like this perhaps:
> if ($_featurep(FOO))
> > Remember also that you can always execute a GDB/MI command from CLI
> > using "interpreter-exec".
> But their output is not easily caught and used like above.
This is true. But I have to say that I am still a little unsure
whether this CLI feature will actually be used, should we implement it.
Can we wait for an actual request before we do so, especially for
a query about GDB/MI when in CLI mode? That way, we then know that
we provide something people actually need. If you know you would
use that feature now, then of course that qualifies...
I think this feature can also be treated independently from
the new GDB/MI command. Adding this new feature wouldn't affect
this patch, I would think.