This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Add ada-exception-catchpoints to -list-features command output.
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 07:47:27 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Add ada-exception-catchpoints to -list-features command output.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1384076960-12339-1-git-send-email-brobecker at adacore dot com>
>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Joel> This patch adds an entry meant to help the frontend for those features.
Joel> But looking at the way the -list-features command is designed, I am
Joel> wondering whether this approach is going to scale well. As new commands
Joel> and other new features or major bug fixes get in, it seems like the
Joel> list is going to grow maybe a little beyond what's reasonable.
We could add a way to check for specific commands. Then new commands
would never need to be added to the feature list.
Joel> So, although this patch proposes a new field (this is the straightforward
Joel> approach), given that all this GDB/MI work was done within the same
Joel> release cycle, and withing a reasonable amount of time, I think it
Joel> would be fine for everyone to use one single field in -list-features.
I think it is reasonable, too, provided that the MI docs note the
details of what the feature means.